Monday, September 15, 2008

Patch 3.01 downloaded

Technology is great, and all is right with the world.

I decided the Blizzard background downloader was running way too slow. Seven percent after a whole night was just not enough. It was up to around 18 percent yesterday. So I looked at the options in the splash page and clicked on "Do not throttle." It warns that processes may be slow. Who cares if the processes are slow when I am asleep? My processes are normally slow when I sleep. At first, it looked like it was not going to work. It just sat there, doing nothing faster. So I went to bed.

When I awoke, the entire file was downloaded! Thank you, Blizzard!

Patch day is tomorrow, so I guess they decided to do something about it.

According to WowWiki, the new patches are in anticipation of the new expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. The wiki says something about the levels going up to 77, but it is unclear as to whether that change is coming with 3.01 or 3.02. All of the patches are lumped into one description. I will have to wait to see what this patch will do.

The new expansion is announced for Nov. 13. I will wait at the window for the delivery of my reserved copy.

No comments: