Saturday, October 11, 2008

Population imbalance solution in Warhammer

Mythic has decided to offer xp and renown bonuses to Order side to solve the problem of Destruction population imbalances. I think it does show that Mythic is at least trying to help Order with the problem of too many Destro players. It also shows that they recognize the problem that we face of always facing off with higher levels. Now we can become higher level faster.

It does remain to be seen if this is a real solution, but at least Mythic is doing something about it. I notice it is offered only on certain servers, so I am fortunate to be on Ulthuan, one of the first servers offered these bonuses.

I do hope more players either come to the servers or switch sides to other servers to play Order. I find that the method of flying to all three warcamps, taking the quests from all of them, then queuing all 3 scenarios does work. Then I can get xp bonuses for killing players in the scenarios and for completing the scenarios.

This game is about the RvR, whether it be in scenarios or in territory acquisition. The rewards are better for renown it seems.

Last night, I joined a keep run for the first time. It was fun, but the leaders of the group decided to give up before we even killed the keep lord, at least as far as I could tell. I think it was because there was too much resistance from the Destro players. But I thought we were doing well to get as far as we did.

No comments: